Wednesday 5 March 2014

The Drugstore Edit #7: Revlon Color Stay Eyeshadow Quad

I know 7 isn't a massively significant number (well to me it isn't), but I can't believe I am one my 7th one of these posts. I really enjoy doing them and I hope you all love reading them :)

This week I am focusing on the Revlon Colour Stay Eyeshadow Quad in 212 Adventurous.
I've probably mentioned this quad a few times but never gone into massive depth about it.


These are the colours that you get in the Adventurous quad, A frosty white, pearl finish dark green, pearl finish dark bronze and a matte deep brown. This does come with the double ended sponge applicator but I never use them unless I don't have anything else. This also doesn't come with a mirror, which doesn't bother me too much but if I'm on the go and I need a little mirror then it's nice to have it all in one. I'm not sure how I feel about the size of the colours because I know they have set them so you get more of what you would use most and less of what you use least of but I might have preferred them in equal sizes.


Swatchy time!
I love doing swatches, how else would you know the pigment and true colour of the product?!
From left to right - frosty white, pearl deep green, pearl deep bronze and matte deep brown.

Frosty white - I love this for the inner corner, you could use this for a brow bone highlight but I think it's a little intense unless you are going full on glam. I also love patting this in the centre of the lid with my finger because it comes out super pigmented and just adds extra dimension and makes your eyes look bigger.

Pearl deep green - Green isn't everyone's cup of tea and can be a little frightening to use but this heavily borders on being a near brown neutral so it's not as threatening. It also works great on brown and hazel eyes, let's face it though - I never follow those eyeshadow/ eye colour pairing thingies, I have blue eyes and I love rocking some green shadow!

Pearl deep bronze - This is super rich and lustrous, I love using this all over the lid but if it's a little dark for your liking then you can just use this in the crease.

Matte deep brown - my most work colour in this palette, I don't really ever use this for eyeshadow but for filling in the ends of my brows. I use the flat brush on the Naked 2 brush duo because it is honestly the perfect brush for picking up colour and it is the right thickness/ width for precision. This can also be used as an eyeliner if you want to go for less intense liner look.


If I had to rate this I would give it an 8/10. The colours are super pigmented, have a great texture and are super blendable as well as having great packaging but I would have probably replaced the deep bronze with a lighter version. It's great if you want a dark smoky look but doesn't give you an awful lot of versatility because it's all a bit too dark.

This is also super affordable at £7.99 so you get great value for money. If you are interested in trying this palette then you can buy it at Boots or your nearest Revlon stockist.

Let me know what you this of this quad :)

Speak soon,

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)