Tuesday 11 March 2014

Empties Time!

I love doing empties posts and it feels like spring cleaning when I finally get to get rid of all these empty bottles. It's been a while since I have done an empties something (video last I think) so I am more than overdue and I have a fair amount to talk about.

My pretty empties box! Upcycled from a Soap and Glory gift box haha! It's the perfect storage :)


Let's get to it!

Macadamia Oil Shampoo & Conditioner (Organix Hair) £6.99 each
In my opinion not the cheapest hair care, I usually don't spend a lot but I love these! They have an amazing smell and make my hair feel so smooth and soft. I have gone through 2 lots of this now and I still love it. I haven't had that 'Use it once and it' amazing, use it more and it just doesn't have the same effect' feeling with this so I am really happy with that. There are a lot of treatments in the line - they have coconut oil, argan oil, keratin therapy and so many more to try as well as serums and oils, so there is plenty to try! 
Repurchase? Heck yes! I've bought it twice and until I find something better I will keep buying this stuff.

Strengthening Polish Remover (Cutex) £2.20
To be honest, there's not a lot to say about polish remover, it's a constant need and this does the job. When it comes to polish remover though I always seem to stick with the Cutex brand, I don't really need any of their removers with a treatment because my nails are really strong and healthy but it doesn't hurt to have it. 
Repurchase? Yeah! I always need polish remover and this is always my chosen brand. 

Fix+ (MAC) £14.50
I use this a hell of a lot, this was my first bottle and I instantly bought another as soon as I was running low! I use this before I apply foundation (after primer) and I spray my foundation brush with the stuff, I don't know why but it gives me a flawless finish and I literally cannot apply my make up without it.
Repurchase? Come on now, of course! 

Anti- Blemish Solutions System (Clinique) £25.00
I am sure that this has come down in price! It was £30 when I bought it and the full size is £50! Regardless, I cannot get by without this, the clarifying lotion and all-over clearing treatment are so important in my skincare routine. To be honest I can live without the cleansing foam, it just runs out too fast and I prefer the liquid face soap, which I have numerous samples of!
Repurchase? Not as a set, I would do away with the cleansing foam and buy full sizes of both the clarifying lotion and the all-over clearing treatment. 

Anti- Blemish Solutions Spot Treatment Gel (Clinique) £14.00
I'm not sure what's happening with this product, I just tried to find the price and it's like it doesn't exist on Clinique's or Boots website. Maybe they are discontinuing it in place of the new clinical clearing gel, who knows :S. Anyway, I love this stuff, I use it along side the other Clinique products and it works wonders! Stings like hell though :(
Repurchase? Yes, if I can get my hands on it. If not, I'll have to try their new product :/

Take The Day Off Make up Remover (Clinique) £17.00
I only have a sample size and I loved it, it certainly did the job but I felt greasy and weird after using it which is not ideal for me. When I remove my make up I want to feel clean. 
Repurchase? No, the price is very steep and after trying Bioderma I would much rather buy a Micellar water remover. 

Quickliner for Eyes (Clinique) £15.00
Yet another sample size, I only really used this for tightlining, I'm not big on using pencil liner on my top lash line, I prefer gel or liquid. It was good to use and to try but there are others out there for half the price.
Repurchase? No, like I say, there are other, cheaper alternatives so I'm not too fussed by it. 

Zoom Fast Black Lash (MAC) £14.00
I got this as a birthday present and I was very excited to use it. It was great for a while but seemed to dry up quite fast and was a little clumpy. It's not the most expensive so that's not bad but I feel there are better mascaras for less money.
Repurchase? Well I never actually bought this, so I would never buy it for myself. 

Instant Brow Pencil (Benefit) £15.00
I love trying new brow products and anything that makes mine look groomed and full makes me very happy. This was an all right product, the colour was a little off and it was very soft. I burned through this so fast which makes me a little disappointed, I think if the product was a little more solid there would have been less waste. It does have a spoolie on the end which I love because they are such handy brow tools but it doesn't really make up for the product. 
Repurchase? No, the product was fine if you have money to burn but not if you want your products to last a decent amount of time. I also think there are better products with better colour selection out there. 

So that is all of my saved up empties! Let me know what you think of these products :)

P.S - Just a little note about MAC products, though I have finished mine I'm not throwing away the packaging. If you save 6 empty mac products you can take the to a MAC counter and as part of the Back 2 MAC scheme you can redeem 1 lipstick! 

Speak soon 
Roo xx 

2 comments:

  1. i really want to try that shampoo and conditioner! lovely blog btw.. id love it if youd check out mine and comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/spring-haze.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) The shampoo and conditioner is seriously good stuff, I'd totally recommend it xx

      Delete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)