Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Drugstore Edit #9: 17 Liquid Liner

17 is a brand which I believe is full of hits and misses. I don't want to slate 17 as a brand because there are some truly wonderful products in there but this just isn't one of them.

I was actually handed this by my mum who knows that I like to do product reviews and she said I could give this a go (she had no idea about this but knew she wouldn't she it), I always see opportunity when I am handed a bit of make up. So the outer packaging is all right, it's nothing special but it's not bad - it's standard.

Here is where my issues begin. This brush is not fine, you don't stand a chance in hell of doing winged eyeliner with this because the brush doesn't allow it. The products feels super gloopy and thick which is so uncomfortable on the eyes. It also takes a lifetime to dry and you have to be very careful.

My last issue is that you can't remove this with any old make up remover, just ditch your Boots Essentials Eye Make Up Remover right now because it doesn't stand a chance. You are going to need something heavy duty - oil based, I know plenty of people who hate the feel of an oil based makeup remover on their skin, you might manage with a cleansing balm but I haven't tried it.

I'm not sure if they still sell this or if they re-branded it as a semi permanent liner but my rating is going to be 4/10 because I literally hate everything about it but the staying power. If they managed to put the staying power into a better formula and with a better brush then that would be prefect.

Sorry 17! I really don't mean to slate you :(

Have you tried this? Let me know what you think :)

Speak soon,
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)