Wednesday 21 May 2014

First Impressions: Benefit Porefessional

I have wanted to try this for a long time now, I have only ever heard rave reviews so naturally my curiosity spiked and I needed to see what all the hype was about. 

For anyone who doesn't know, Porefessional is a make up primer by Benefit. I'm a bit of a primer junkie so when I saw a sample tube of this in this months Elle magazine I just had to give it a go. 


This is a 7.5ml size which I think is a decent sample and that I'd probably be able to formulate a decent opinion on this product. Also I feel like I'm holding this weirdly and that's because I hadn't done my nails yet and they were a little bit worse for wear - didn't want to subject your eyes to that haha!

SUPER CLOSE UP! 

So this was different to what I expected. It has a silicon-ey feeling which I do quite enjoy but typically I expect them to be a clear formula where as this is more of a flesh tone. I was honestly expecting this to be closer to a moisturiser feel but oh well it's not really a problem. 


Yesterday I did get to use it properly for the first time instead of just repeatedly swatching it on my had and being somewhat satisfied with the feeling of rubbing it into my hand. I only actually wore concealer and powder on top of this, I was having one of those days where my skin's a little flaky and foundation will just make it look insanely bad. 

From my first try I have to say I quite like this, it smoothed my skin and my pores looked minimised, not forgetting that fact it kept my make up on quite well. Who know this might make just make it into my monthly favourites (ooooh!). 

The full size does retail for £24.50 for 22ml which I think is a little pricey but not as bad as some and also given the ratings I would say that it's worth trying. 

I hope you enjoyed this first impressions, let me know if you want to see more of these and also let me know your thoughts on the Porefessional.

Speak soon
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)