Friday 16 May 2014

DYO Fabulous Jewellery Event

Yesterday I went to my first ever blogging event!
This was for the company DYO Fabulous Jewellery and they were promoting the launch of their new website which will go live in July 2014. 


Now, muggins here stupidly forgot her SD card. Suffice to say I have no pictures of the actual event :( 
But anyway, let me tell you more about what happened at the event and more specifically about DYO Fabulous Jewellery itself...

I arrived at the event just before it started (early as always!) and was greeted by the DYO team. I have to say they are a lovely group of people who were very welcoming and also very informative! 

The event included a sample sale (up to 70% off!), a selfie station where you could try on the jewellery to obviously take a selfie, a lucky dip and a master class in jewellery making.

I was able to talk to the founder of the company, Janet, again a very lovely person to talk to and so passionate about her products - It's always refreshing to see someone so excited by their craft. She took me through some of the products that they sell, the upcoming changes to their website (very exciting!) and how she sourced the component for their jewellery. 

I was so overwhelmed by the variety of jewellery when I arrived, there were so many things to see and I would have bought so many things if I hadn't been on a spending ban! 

I managed to win myself the bracelet in the lucky dip (left on picture) and I made the necklace in the master class (right on picture). The master class was great, I have had experience in jewellery making before as I used to work on a jewellery stall in a market but this experience was amazing! Janet and her team were so helpful and very informative when it came to taking you through the steps of how to make the jewellery. 

Onto the website, I kinda wanna keep this post short and sweet as I don;'t have photos but there is so much I want to tell you about this great company. Anyway, their website dyofabulousjewellery.com is amazing and it's going to get even better in July. Their next move for the company is something I have never seen before - They are currently working on an interface for the website so that you can build your own bespoke piece of jewellery! They have painstakingly taken photos of every component and even included 360 shots so that you can really see what you're getting. Through the room there were busts set up of some of the jewellery that they had made using the interface next to their produced counterparts and they were identical. One of unique selling points of their new feature is literally that when you design your jewellery online it will look like that when you get it and you really won't be disappointed.

I feel like I'm rambling so in the meantime check out their website dyofabulousjewellery.com and keep an eye out for the launch of the interface in July. 

P.S. They had cupcakes, they were the best cupcakes ever! 

Speak soon 

Roo xx


2 comments:

  1. Was fab meeting you yesterday! I didn't realise how well matched your bracelet and necklace were! They look brill together. Lovely post.
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I literally swiped the pendant when I saw it haha!

      Delete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)