Saturday 19 January 2013

My favourite make up part 1 :)

I thought I'd do a post about my favourite make up items :)

I love my make up and every time I buy something new it makes me really happy and excited.

Recently I posted about the new foundation that I bought which was the M.A.C Studio Sculpt in NC15.




So far after using it only a few times, I am completely in love with it. Up until a few days ago I was using Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid which I wasn't too impressed with, after a couple of hours the foundation would split and may face would look disgusting. But what I love about the M.A.C Studio Sculpt is that it is really build-able so I get full coverage, It doesn't have a typical foundation smell which I thought was a nice change, it spreads really well so a small amount will go a long way. Because of this I actually believe what the woman at the counter had told me about how long it lasts. The packaging is perfect, because the texture is a little thicker than a usual foundation it means that the squeezy bottle is perfect and you're going to get every last drop of the stuff out of it.

And last but not least, the colour is exact to my skin tone! Which I am soo pleased about as I can never find a perfect match - But this is what I like about M.A.Cs range of products, they all have a really good colour pallet.



The next products aren't strictly make up but I still love them and use them regularly.
It is the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit face wash, face scrub and moisturiser.
I don't actually have any pictures of these so I've just had to find them from other websites.




So this one is the Pink Grapefruit face wash and I think It works really well, but I have to combine it with the scrub and moisturiser for it to really work. I have combination skin, so I have to use something to clean my pores to prevent spots, dry out the existing spots and then moisturise to prevent dry skin.

So I use this typically of a morning just to refresh my skin after a good nights sleep and it's really easy to lather and smells amazing!




The next is the face scrub which again has the same great smell as the face wash but it also has the small scrubbing beads which help a lot if you get black heads and are prone to spots.

Again I recommend this to be followed up with the moisturiser to prevent dry skin :)







This is the moisturiser in the range :) They also do an Oil-free moisturiser which I find I don't need because the scrub/wash dries my face out.
The product itself isn't oily or greasy and you can't feel it once it's on but it certainly does its job. It has a nice smell and spreads really nicely and evenly without using too much. I've had mine for about 5-6 months and I'm not even halfway through the tube even though I use it regularly.




I would really recommend that if you are searching for new product to use that you try the pink grapefruit range, It works well with all skin types so you just have to look out for the correct products to use with each other.

I hope you liked this and found it helpful and don't forget to look out for part 2 coming soon! :D
-Ruby













No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)