Wednesday 23 January 2013

Maybelline Fit Me review

I while ago I ordered the Maybelline Fit Me foundation in 120 'Classic Ivory' and this was the lightest shade I could find anywhere. I had heard that there was a shade 115 but when I went to Boots and Superdrug I could not find it and they did actually stock the Fit Me range but the stands were made so that the 120 shade was the lightest available. So anyway here is what I thought;



I ordered the tester tube which looked like this:

So I just comes in a small squeezy bottle, which I like because you know you aren't going to waste any.

As I said before it's shade 120 called 'Classic Ivory' but I don't know if you can tell but from the small amount of my skin you can see compared to the colour in the bottle it is a bit darker.

I wanted to see what it looked like when I actually blended it into my skin to see if it would be lighter than I thought.











OK, so when I applied it to my hand it was quite runny which I really do not like. I much prefer a foundation which is thicker because I just prefer the feeling.

And as you can see, the foundation is still fairly darker than my skin but I was just waiting to see what it would look like once I blended it in.










So when I blended it in it did actually do quite far which is great because then you don't have to use as much.
But it is sooo much darker than my skin tone!

I mentioned in a previous post about how I find it difficult to get a foundation which matched my skin tone and this I think really shows how pale I am haha.

Them smell was all right but it's like a perfume smell which some people will like and others will hate.








All in all I think that if you can find the right skin tone for you it could be quite a nice foundation but as I couldn't and I didn't like how runny it was then I won't buy a full size of this foundation.
However, I will keep it for emergencies and just mix it with some moisturiser beforehand :)
I hope you liked this review.
-Ruby

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)