Wednesday 12 February 2014

The Drugstore Edit #4: Elf Shimmer Palette

Todays post is another elf product and I have quite a few to review.

 So this is the Shimmer Palette. To be honest I bought this and din't really know what I was going to do with it and I haven't really used it that much.
 The colours are basic but perfect. They are all pretty much highlight colours but the last is like a blush/highlight and it just adds a nice amount of dimension to the face.
 Going from left to right, this is the white highlight which is really beautiful. Its just a plain straight down the middle highlighter.

These are a cream based formula so blend really smoothly and I find that you can apply a small amount for a subtle sheen or build it to be a little more intense.
 The second one is somewhere between a blush and bronze colour which is totally appropriate for lighter skin tones. I mean the palette as a whole isn't dark but if you just want to add a small amount of warmth then this would definitely do it and be able to give you a bit of blush colour.
 This is the darker bronze colour and like I say its not particularly dark so this is perfect to add a warm glow. I wouldn't use this as a contour as it's shimmery but you can definitely liven areas.









Finally this is the blush colour, again it's not massively dark so if you're going for a full face of make up then I wouldn't choose this as a blush but for more natural days where all you're wearing is a bit of tinted moisturiser and some mascara the this would certainly be my pick.








Honestly I don't use this palette as much as I should because it is very good. The only downside is that I have tried to apply in on my eyes in the inner corner for highlight and it is sooo easy to crease but it does work on the brow bone. Generally where you would usually highlight is the place to apply this.

This only retails for £3.75 which you can't really scoff at.I bought it on a whim of wanting to try more Elf products and I'm glad I did. I give this product an 8/10 purely because I like it but it creases so it has limited uses. If you are interested in this product, or any Elf products for that matter, you can purchase it here --> www.eyeslipsface.co.uk


Talk soon :)
- Roo xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)