Thursday 27 February 2014

Beauty Smackdown #5: Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara Vs Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara

 Come on now, if you are familiar with me, my blog or my YouTube channel then you will know that I hold both of these mascaras dear to my heart. But we all know that the purpose of these posts are to take two products which aim to do similar effects and find out which one is better value for money.

First of all, I first tried the Lancome mascaras after much thought about it because I knew that they are famed for the quality of their mascaras and I was nothing but impressed.

Smashbox, however was a whim to try. I had never tried any of their products so bought a sampler set and in the process they had a lucky dip and I managed to get my hands on the Full Exposure mascara.


 Both of these mascaras have pretty good packaging but the Lancome mascara is just sooo beautiful with all it's glitter and sparkles!

Hypnose Star contains 6ml of product and costs £22.50
 Smashbox Full Exposure has 11g of product (I think that's just under 11ml) and costs £18


So pound for pound the Smash box mascara is better value.
 The brushes are sooo different from one another.

Lancome's is very strange, one side is tapered (shown) and the other side is completely flat. This allows you to both lengthen and volumise.




Smashbox's is a little more of a traditional brush but it is huge!! You can really grip the lashes with this and get a lovely even coating.

The formulas in my opinion are very similar. They both hold a curl very well, they lengthen and volumise and they are very easy to reapply (as in they don't make your lashes crispy and stiff and practically rip out when you try to put more on). The last is very important to me because I feel that a lot of the time my lashes can get a little lack-lustre after a while and a fresh coat on top always helps.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong buying either of these but if you are in a pinch but want to treat yourself then I would totally recommend the Smashbox Full Exposure mascara (My winner :))

Let me know what you think of these products :)

Speak soon
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)