Thursday 2 January 2014

Beauty Smackdown! - Elf Lip Exfolitor Vs Lush Lip Scrub

I had another idea! I want to do a 'Beauty Smackdown' where I take two products and share my thoughts and opinions and tell you which one I think is the better product. I thought of this because I know there have been times where I can't decided between 2 different products and I just end up making a totally uninformed decision an potentially make a rubbish choice! So I hope this helps you all :)


Elf Lip Exfoliator Vs Lush Lip Scrub

So what I will do is just run though the pros and cons of both product and give you my overall verdict.


Elf Lip Exfoliator

 Pros:

- It's in a lipstick shape
- It's highly moisturising
- It's an intense scrub
- It's inexpensive
- It's smells like vanilla (could be a con if you don't like vanilla, but I do)
- It's made with sugar and tastes pretty good.
- It's compact
 Cons:

To be honest I literally can't think of any cons other than I with that you get more product because it's that good!









Lush Lip Scrub

Pros:

- The Scrub is quite intense
- It smells pretty good
- It's compact
- It's inxpensive 

Cons:

- It has salt in it too so I don't think it tastes that good (If you like salt/sugar popcorn then you will love it)
- The application can be awkward and not very precise.
- Very messy






I am a little sad to say that I'm not a massive fan of the Lush Lip Scrub after I had heard so many good things about it. I think that if there is one made with one sugar and not salt then I might be able to use it but that fact that it is also quite messy is a bit too much to deal with.

If you are interested in trying either of these products then here are the details of where to get them and also the price. UK readers will be pleased to hear that you can get Elf products but you have to buy them online from their website (Linked below):

Elf Lip Exfoliator:
Price: £3.75
From: www.eyeslipsface.co.uk

Lush Lip Scrub
Price: £5.25
From: Nearest outlet or if you can't get to one the you can buy from www.lush.co.uk


I hope you have enjoyed this post and let me know what products you would like to see go head to head!

- Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)