Monday 28 July 2014

Orange Is The New Black - Red

I have become obsessed with this show, in fact I am so upset because I have to wait for season 3 now. Because I love this show so much I wanted to do something a little different on my blog, I'm going to try and recreate some of the iconic make up looks of some of the inmates. This isn't going to be a particularly long series but I have a feeling it's going to be good. 

So far I plan on doing looks for Red, Morello, Nichols, Alex, Sophia and Piper though if there is someone I have missed who clearly needs to be on this list then let me know :)

This week I wanted to focus on a Red inspired look, she has one of the most iconic looks in the entire show. She is cast as the hard-faced Russian matriarch who is not to be messed with, personally I think that her make up reflects her status within the prison. 


She is always seen with her trademark red hair, lipstick and some very bold graphic liner. To me this represents someone brave and definitely a leader.


I look incredibly tired but here's my attempt anyway. I really enjoyed the eyeliner, I love a good challenge and as I don't really ever line my lower lash line then it was a pretty good one. I also love the fact that it didn't have to be perfect, after all Red is in prison.

This is such a simple look yet it is so bold and makes a great statement.

What do you think of this look?

Speak soon
Roo xx 

2 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea. I love OITNB :-) Love how you've done Reds' eyeliner - You look fab!
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm literally obsessed with the show! xx

      Delete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)