Saturday 26 July 2014

The Glamour Beauty Edit Box

I'm a bit far behind on getting this box but as soon as I saw it I knew I needed it. This is actually the first time I have ever bought a beauty box but I couldn't honestly resist this one. 




So what is actually in the box?:


Velvotan Tanning Mitt
I've needed a new tanning mitt for a while actually. I have loads of product to use but had nothing to apply them with so this couldn't come soon enough. This mitt claims to give you a streak free tan and leave your hands unstained. I think a lot of how good a tan develops comes down to a persons skill at applying the product in the first place, I'm not awful at it but I do need practice! 

Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection Sun Lotion SPF 30
Hallelujah! I ran out of this a while ago and this is my favourite sun cream. It smells absolutely gorgeous and is nice and hydrating. It is only an SPF 30 but I would recommend that you use 30 or higher to get high protection. 

Tony&Guy Glamour Volume Pumping Whip
It's been a long time since I have used anything Tony&Guy but I am very excited to try this. You apply this to the roots before blow drying to get a volumised effect - which I am all for. I can't say that I have ever seen this before but I suppose that's what these boxes are about!

Magnifibres Brush On Lashes
This is one of the two main reasons I bought this box. I haven't ever tried anything like this before but given that I have quite short lashes then I am always looking to try products that will enhance them without being as heavy as false lashes. You are supposed to be able to gain an extra 5mm of eyelash length using this, that doesn't sound like a lot but on your eyes it is massive!

Crabtree& Evelyn Nail Lacquer in Petal Pink
I am familiar with Crabtree& Evelyn as a brand but I can't say that I have ever tried any of their products nor would I have even associated them with nail polish. I think that this is such a pretty, inoffensive colour so I am very much looking forward to trying this out to see what the quality is. 

Rimmel Sun Shimmer Instant Tan BB Skin Perfector in Light Matte
More tanning products to try! I haven't ever tried a BB Tan cream before so this should be interesting. Mainly I like the fact that I was given the Light Matte formula because I am pale and I don't think shimmer looks good on me. I had never tried Rimmel tanning products before and usually I wouldn't have even looked at them so it will be nice to see if I have been wrong to dismiss them. 

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
I haven't tried a cleansing oil yet so this is something else I am intrigued about. I do currently use a cleansing balm but obviously this is a different consistency to work with. I do get concerned with how my skin might react though so I will have to report back on that.

Bourjois Cream Blush in 01 Nude Velvet
As much as I want to try a cream blush I have to say I am not massively enthusiastic to try this because of the colour, it is very peachy so I really don't think it will look that nice on my skin. I will be trying this anyway because you never really know until you try the product and also I do want to see about the formula of the product itself, it might encourage me to find one in the right shade. 

Illamasqua Glamore Lipstick in Minx
Finally, this is the real reason I bought this box. I have want to try an Illamasqua product for sooooo long. A few years ago the Illamasqua counter in the Fenwicks near where I live disappeared so I haven't been able to try anything without ordering online. The shade isn't something I would ever pick but I do think I have been in a bit of a lipstick rut lately so hopefully this will break me out of that. 


Tat was everything that came in this box. I was so incredibly impressed with this because I paid just under £17 for the box and the actual value was something like £86. I will be updating you all on every one of these products in future posts so please keep an eye out for them because I am really excited to share my thoughts. 


Speak soon 
Roo xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)