Thursday 10 July 2014

What's In My Make Up Bag? - London Edition

This Saturday I will be going to see Eminem live at Wembley. I honestly cannot express how absolutely ecstatic I am about this. I haven't done any travelling since December last year so it's also very exciting to be able to get away for a bit and as I need to pack really light I thought it would be a good opportunity to do another 'What's In My Make Up Bag' post. Here we go!


 (Oh look, I'm in the mirror!)

First of all, my beautiful make up bag is from Clinique, it was part of one of their promotions in which you buy certain products and you get a free gift. I love this bag because I can fit in everything I need.

Base

I'll do this systematically and work through the stages I apply my make up :)

MAC Prep + Prime Skin Base Visage
This is a sample I managed to get from a promotion MAC had on Facebook a while ago and I recently received it so I am still testing. As far as I can tell it's quite a light and moisturising primer.


Elf Eyelid Primer
Long term favourite of mine, it's nothing special but it does the job. I believe you can get coloured versions of this but I just stick with the original.


Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foudation
My 'Holy Grail' foundation. I just find it goes on super nice and give a nice amount of coverage without feeling heavy or cakey. The shade I use is 12 Beige Rose which is quite pink based, I think these foundations are quite pink but don't quote me on that haha!


Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
Best concealer I have used to date, it's really inexpensive and never lets me down. This does only come in 3 shades I believe but it's great for highlighting too.


Maybelline Matte Maker Powder
I have probably only been using this for the last couple of months but I have fallen in love with this stuff! It does everything I want it to. It keeps my make up matte for a long time and I never feel the need to touch it up.


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush
I jumped on the bandwagon with this one and I am so glad I did. I find that this blush gives a really sort of natural look (if you use a light hand) and also has a lot of dimension which helps to add a bit of life to your complexion. I have it in the shade 'Diffused Heat'

NARS Highlighter
This is a white highlighter with a gold shimmer. It isn't chunky which I love because I like for a highlighter to be smooth and flawless. Usually I will apply this to my cheekbones, brow bone, down the nose and my cupids bow. Again, this add a bit of dimension.


MAC Fix+
I never really know what this is supposed to be used for but I like to apply it after moisturising and before primer as it helps to sooth my skin and add extra moisture. I also like to spray my foundation brush with it and if the mood takes me I will spray my shadow brushes too as it will help pick up shadow and add intensity.



Eyes &Brows

Elf Brow Duo
To be honest I don't really use the powder side to this but the gel part is great for defining your brows and setting them into a good shape. It is slightly tinted which is great to fill in the sparse areas between hairs.


Benefit Gimme Brow
This is an excellent product! I could honestly just use this by itself because it is great for taming, shaping and filling in. But generally I like to use this with the brow wax because I can get a high def brow if that's the look I'm going for.


Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
It was a tough choice to choose this one because I love all three of the palettes. The reason I chose this one is because I feel that I can get a wider range of looks using this and more specifically a dark smoky eye which I think will be totally appropriate for the concert.


Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner Pen
Ok, so I did give this a bit of a bad review the other day but to be honest I feel like I need to give this a fair trial so I am still trying to work with this to see where I get with it.


Elf Cream Liner
Clearly I have decided on a back up liner. Mainly I don't hold much hope for the Eyeko liner so I have included my ol' faithful Elf liner. I can always get a really good opaque black line with this stuff.


MAC Extended Play Gigablack Lash Mascara
I love this mascara, I can always manage to get the length and volume that I want without any clumpiness. I have to say that I wasn't taken by MAC mascaras to begin with but I love this one.



Lips


Blistex Relief Cream
So this is generally a must have in my make up bag because I like to take care of my lips. I can help moisturise and add a little gloss to your lips if you don't like going without any product. I would also suggest you mix this with a tinted lipgloss to get colour and care.


MAC Snob Lipstick
This is fast becoming one of my favourite lipsticks. I think the pink is soo pretty, it's a lovely blue based pink which works so well with cool toned skin. On my it does look a little bright and in fact I would compare it to how MAC St Germain looks on someone with warm toned skin (if that makes any sense at all!)



Anywho! That is everything I am carrying in my make up bag on Saturday and I am going to try and film a GRWM style video tomorrow using this make up and hopefully get it uploaded for Saturday or Sunday. I know I haven't posted a video in some time so it will be nice to get back to doing it.

Speak soon
Roo xx


2 comments:

  1. Your so organised!
    Everything here looks amazing as well. I love the look of Mac Snob.
    Your blog is so pretty! I'm heading over to Bloglovin to follow you now.
    Can't wait to see more from you
    xx
    http://adrugstoreaddiction.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much :) Usually I am anything but organised but I glad you like my blog :)

      Roo xx

      Delete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)