Thursday 3 October 2013

Quick update on me... (Jobs, Hopes and Dreams)

Lately I have been feeling a little blue.

I'm going to try and not make this a depressing post but I thought I would just share my feelings.
I'm at a point in my life where I feel like I should get what I want, I know this sounds a little conceited but I firmly believe that everyone deserves to be happy and have a high quality of life. I'm not naive, I do know that life is difficult and as The Rolling Stones would say, you can't always get what you want.

There are various aspects to my life which I am feeling quite disappointed about;

I would love to have moved out with my boyfriend by now but this can't happen because I can't find a stable job that I'm happy with. I know that a lot of people don't like their jobs and you've just got to suck it up and I have tried, but it's difficult. I do honestly try my best at my job, but to be honest (without sounding like I'm trying to deny things) sometimes a job just isn't right for someone and really at this point I just want to give a bit of advice to everyone.

-This is something that is currently effecting me and it makes me feel bad but trust me, it might not be your fault that you are bad at your job!
Don't go assuming that this is true for all situations, that's the wrong way to go about it. I always feel exhausted at the end of a day like I've put in 110% but then by the following morning I don't feel like I've done enough. I can't improve, I'm constantly messing things up no matter how hard I might try and I just feel like a burden on everyone that I work with. Fortunately I have very understanding bosses and I have spoken with them about this, various meetings have gone by and we agree that this job just isn't right for me. It's happened to me before but I have also had jobs where I have done really well and showed a real talent for it. I think that if your heart isn't in the job (by this I din't mean that you don't put in effort but it's not what you want to do for job) then you just aren't really going to succeed. There's nothing wrong with wanting your dream job and there's no reason you shouldn't fight for it but I think you should never leap without a solid ground to land on. Seriously, if you are in my situation, don't do something stupid like quit your job and then realise you have no form of income to support yourself. Stick it out a little while, it might be a phase, but if you really feel down about your job then by all means get searching for a new one and only when you have options to leave then it will be a good idea.

I supposed my other concern is money, like everyone else, I want more money. I would love to afford nice things and again this is something I don't think anyone should be ashamed of, it's ok to want nice things. I suppose there is nothing I can do about this at the moment and I am sure this will come in time and I will get the things I want.

I know where I want to be in life and I'm sure that many others do too but it just takes work and patience. One day we will get exactly what we want if we work for it.


Anyway, I know I have rambled and seriously, I have literally just written whatever came into my head so if it doesn't make sense then I am really sorry haha :)

I hope you liked this post and I hope that it helps.
Keep smiling :)

-Ruby x


P.S  Please don't go taking my advice as absolute certainty, this is just based on my experiences. If you are experiencing difficulty at work/home/wherever then please speak to someone, after all a problem shared is a problem halved ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)