Saturday 21 June 2014

You Can Only Pick One Beauty Tag

This tag was created by Rebecca-Louise Viner (Autumn Leaves) and when I saw it I instantly knew I wanted to do this tag. You should go and check out her original post here too and her other posts because they are seriously amazing. Let's start the tag!



Low end brand: Revlon. Took me a little time to think about this and I know there are plenty others that I could have said but honestly I think Revlon is great across the board. I particularly love their primers, powders and lipsticks.

High end brand: Urban Decay. Again, took me a while to choose but I am a huge UD fan. If you haven't tried their stuff then you are seriously missing out.


Primer: Becca Resurfacing Primer, for me this just does it all - It smooths, blurs pores, makes my skin look matte and keeps my make up in place. You can read my review here


Foundation/BB Cream/Tinted Moisturiser: Hands down Chanel Perfection Lumiere. I don't have to think about it, I just knew. This gives me all the coverage I need and has such a lovely finish. It has also just occurred to me that I have never done a post on this, so i really should.


Concealer: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. If there was ever a time to be hesitant about buying a high-end product it would be now. This is my ultimate concealer and I panic at the thought of buying an expensive one to find out that it just isn't as good. 


Bronzer: Elf St Lucia Bronzer. I actually only have 1 bronzer, as a pale girl I don't really go out of my way to get them but this one isn't orangey which is ideal. 


Blush:  Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat. This is a great shade for all, it is a little intense so a light hand is needed but it just gives you that pinched look. 


Powder: Maybelline Matte Maker Powder, I had been using other but when I ran out and needed an inexpensive option this came to my rescue. It does a great job at keeping oil and shine away.


Setting spray: Urban Decay De-Slick. I originally bought this because I saw Missglamorazzi on YouTube talk about it and it honestly does what I need it to. Unfortunately I ran out and haven't had the money to purchase a new one but I can only really compare it to hairspray for your face (without a horrible feeling).


Eyebrow product: Benefit Gimmebrow in Light. I dived for this product and surprisingly not very hesitant. I had issues with previous brow gels in the past but this just does everything I need it to, I can define my brows and also fill them in. 


Eyeshadow/Palette: Urban Decay Naked 2, I love all the Naked palettes but the main reason for choosing this is the fact it has a good highlight, a light matte colour, a matte taupe and a matte black. The amount of looks you can make from this palette alone are phenomenal.


Eyeliner: Collection 24Hr Extreme Liner, again a really inexpensive liner but absolutely does it's job. I have tried higher end liquid liners but none have made even a mark on what this does. 


Mascara: Lancome Hypnose Star. Best. Mascara. Ever.


Lipstick/lipgloss/lip balm: Recently I have been loving the cocoa butter lip balm from Palmers. Oh how I do love a good lip balm.

Nail polish: Nails Inc Baker Street - It is the most perfect cobalt blue I have ever seen!


Beauty tool: Real Techniques Exert Face Brush - it applies my foundation so immaculately! 



I hope you like this tag and I tag everyone because I love to see your thoughts, so leave your link below :)

Speak soon
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)