Thursday 19 June 2014

My Top 5 Drugstore Must Haves

I have probably done a similar post to this in the past but I think it's probably time to do another which is never a bad thing. Essentially these are the products that if I was in a hurry would be my first choice.

I truly believe that some of the best make up comes from the drugstore and on many an occasion I have made a regretful high end purchase because it didn't live up to the cheaper alternative. This isn't going to be a naming and shaming of bad high end products because I feel like I bash too much even though I honestly love those brands. Anyway, I think I've yapped too much so we should just get started. 


1. Revlon Photoready Primer - £11.99

(Sorry for the messy bottle, it's a little worse for wear)

There are several drugstore primers that I could have mentioned but I feel that this one is by far the most deserving. I honestly think that this knocks out some high end brands, I think that it is really good across the board and worth every penny. This is a fairly thick primer but it doesn't feel drying, it doesn't interfere with my foundation and it's mattifying. The only real downside to this is that even with the lid on, the product ends up drying in the top of the pump so if you leave it for a while you will end up with a clump of dry primer that you can't use which is a little bit of a waste. Asides from that I totally recommend this as an essential, especially if you are new to the whole primer thing. 


2. Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - £4.19


You can tell I love this because I've managed to rub the label off. This particular concealer is a cult classic but really I would recommend concealer as a go to product because it can hide any redness and make you look more awake. Try and find one that will do a lot of cover up, it will end up being your best friend. 


3. Elf Eyebrow Kit - £3.95


Brows are super important to me. Somehow I managed to steer clear of the over plucking phenomenon when I was younger and not damaged my precious brows. I'm sure you have all seen the trends that have been happening over the past couple of years where brows are bigger, bolder and badder than ever and it is really important to make sure you have everything you need to ensure your brows will be looking their best. Thankfully, this little kit has a tinted brow wax and a powder to go with it. I like to take an angled liner brush (I recommend Ecotools) and define my brows with the wax, making the outline of the shape I am trying to achieve. Then I go in with the powder to make my brows look fuller. Your brows can take you look to the next level so treat them with a little respect. 


4. Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Mascara WP - £7.99


For me, mascara is like the finishing touches - whenever I have it on I feel like my look is completed. This is a great one because it adds a lot of volume and length without being clumpy, again you could choose another drugstore mascara (it's up to you) but I honestly feel that this should be one of the first things you reach for in terms of a quick make up look. It has the ability to make your eyes look more open and awake which really will help if you've just rolled out of bed. 


5. Blistex Relief Cream - £2.65


Long term readers of my blog will know my deal with this stuff. I am obsessed, you can pick any lip balm you want but it won't stand up to this stuff. This is obviously medicated but it's part of the reason I use it. No I don't have cold sores and it'll probably take a lot for me to get one because of my prolific use of this stuff. Trust me on this one, if you suffer from dry lips then get some o' dis, it will leave your lips moisturised, softened and chap-free. I would honestly choose this over a lipstick any day. Now if only they made a tinted version (hint hint).


 So those are my top 5, I'd love to know what your top drugstore must haves are - let me know in the comments below :)

Speak soon 
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)