Friday 1 November 2013

Skincare Routine!

Lately the only posts I have been doing have been about my YouTube schedule (which is a total failure and I apologise that I can never keep to a set programme) so I wanted to do something a little more beauty related and I think this is an overdue topic. I get that if you have seen pictures of me then you will be thinking 'Why do I want to know what her skincare routine is, her skin is terrible'. But I have to say a few things first before we start this - Firstly, My bad skin is genetic and I am working on making it better but it is a little tougher to fix. Secondly, I am showing you what is currently helping my skin improve, I have seen a massive improvement in the quality of my skin so I am proud of that. Finally, I know my skin isn't as bad as some people and I am actually thankful that I don't have really bad skin but I have to say that it is hard to face a camera with bad skin and I feel good about sharing my experiences with you all!

So lets not ramble any longer. Here we go!


Step 1.
I like to remove my makeup with an oil based makeup remover because it gets rid of everything and feels a lot more gentle on the skin around my eyes.


Lately I have been using this one by Johnson's. It is the Daily Essentials Eye Make-Up Remover. It is really effective and totally inexpensive and retails for around £2.50









Step 2.
I was using the Anti Blemish Solutions Cleansing Foam by Clinique but it ran out pretty fast which was a little disappointing because it's a great product but now I'm using the Face soap for dry-combination skin which is like a solid version of the foam and it lasts a hell of a lot longer!

Facial Soap with Dish 150gThis sells for about £14.50 and it's a relatively big bar of soap! I know that a lot f people tend to avoid using soap on the face because it can be drying and can clog the pores but this product has been tailored specifically to a particular skin type to avoid this.








Step 3.
Clinique has this three step system which I am using and the first Clinique product I use is part of that system. Anyway, the second step is a clarifying lotion and you can get several different three step systems for different skin types but mine is the anti-blemish.
Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion
  This is a love-hate product, I love it but I can see why others may dislike it. You need to shake it before using it because there is a white precipitate at the bottom which needs to be mixed in. If you have any open wounds on you face like I do then you will find a lot of pain with this, it stings like a mutha! But it makes your skin feel so clean :) This sells for £17.00 individually but you can buy the entire half size three step for £30.00.



Step 4.
This isn't sold as part of the three step but I think they recommend this to go alongside the anti-blemish solutions system. Anyway its the Spot Treatment Gel, this also stings so bad on open wounds! It does wonders for healing blemishes I would say that it realistically takes about 4-5 days to remove a spot. I generally find that the treatments which claim to reduce redness in 4 hours never work!

Anti-Blemish Solutions Spot Treatment GelOnce you get far through this product it because a little annoying and you need to keep it upside-down to get anything out but otherwise it's amazing! This is about £14.00 and worth every penny!









Step 5.
This is the final part of the three step. I find this part the relief stage after you've applied all the stuff that stings the crap out of your face. The Clearing Moisturiser is really light and spreads quite well, I like the fact that it's not massively moisturising because I use other product after and I think it would be over kill for my face.
Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturizer
This sells for £18.50 and from what I've heard this helps create an anti-bacterial barrier on your skin to prevent further breakouts - Double amazing!








Step 6.
A little but of a luxury here. I got it as a present for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and it was something that is relatively new and I really wanted to try! It's the Lancome Dreamtone Dark Spot Corrector in 1. This is supposed to even out skin tone and reduce redness, for which I have a lot.


 This is a total luxe product at £69.00 but I am hoping that it will truly improve my skin. I love the feeling of this product on my skin and it does help moisturise so I have high hopes for this and I will let you know my full thoughts within the next few months.






Step 7.

Of course eye cream is important and I use Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye Cream and I know that people will be thinking 'But Ruby, you're only 20 years old! Why do you need stuff for wrinkles?' and I don't need anything for wrinkles but I don't see any harm in taking early action to try and hold off getting them.
NEW Repairwear Laser Focus Wrinkle Correcting Eye CreamI only have a sample size but the full size is about £30.00. The size I have is lasting a very long time though so this pleases me :)









Step 8.
This is a new product but not a new step. I like to exfoliate my lips, I have been using the Lush Lip Scrub in Popcorn but it is a little messy but tastes so good! I have today switched to the Elf Lip Exfoliator which I am soo in love with. I scrubs really well, smells great, tastes great and leaves my lips feeling so hydrated. But I do follow this up with Maybelline Baby Lips just to add extra moisture.


  They really aren't that expensive, Baby Lips is about £2.99 and the lip exfoliator is about £3.75 (I think)


And that's it! Well for the most part. Some days I like to use GlamGlow if I feel like I need a little help with my pores and flaky skin.

I really hope you like this and let me know what your routines are!

-Ruby x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)