Tuesday 12 August 2014

The British Tag

I have literally just come across this tag and instantly wanted to do it. I found this on EmilyGrace and decided her answers were great so you should go over and check out her post. Anyway, onto my answers.




1. How many cups of tea do you have a day? + How many sugars?
At least 1 cup a day, I much more of a coffee drinker but I do enjoy a good cup of tea 

2. Favourite part of your roast
Either Yorkshire puddings or roast potatoes. All the carbs. 

3. Favourite dunking biscuit
Chocolate covered Rich Teas. Right, I know that these biscuits are virtually useless for dunking given the fact that they can withstand the hot tea/coffee for a grand total of 0.7 seconds but I still think they are the most delicious biscuits ever. That or that Cadbury's shortbread biscuits. 

4. Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
Took me ages to actually think of one but I guess my favourite is probably afternoon tea whilst watching Countdown, it doesn't get more British than that. 

5. Favourite word
I'll have to go clean here because I don't think it would be right to say my favourite word. It's difficult to come up with a word I like because truthfully I find numbers more satisfying (I'm weird, I know) because it's nice to find a good sequence but in the interest of the category then I would say that I like the word 'Synonym', it's nice to say and often gets pronounced as 'Cinnamon' which I also like. 

6. Cockney rhyme slang
I hate Cockney rhyming slang. I especially hate Ruby Murray which is slang for curry, but I hate it down to the fact that once in a while someone will notice my name and make a comment like 'Eeee do you like curry?'. 

7. Favourite sweet
I love liquorice especially those Catherine Wheels with the Spog in the middle. That sounds like utter gibberish. It's a long bit of liquorice that has been coiled around another sweet (Spog) which is like a liquorice flavoured jelly covered in hundreds and thousands. 

8. What would your pub be called?
The Cat's Meow.

9. No.1 British person
I can't pick one so I'll cheat and give you a list of my favourites. 
Sir Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellan, Dame Judy Dench, Tom Hiddleston, Tilda Swinton, Frankie Boyle, Dame Vivienne Westwood and so many more. I could go on forever.  

10. Favourite shop / restaurant
Favourite shop? Fenwicks, hands down - they have everything I want. Favourite restaurant? Don't have one. Anywhere that serves good food for a good price.  

11. What British song pops into your head?
The Chain - Fleetwood Mac

12. Marmite?
Absolutely not.


Anyway, if you like this tag I'd love to know your thoughts and also see your answers! Leave your links below :)

Speak soon 

Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)