Monday 4 August 2014

Small But Mighty | JULY FAVOURITES

I've left my July favourites later than I ever would for some reason but at least I am getting it out there :)

It's been a bit of a quiet month for me, despite getting the Glamour Latest In Beauty Box I don't really have an awful lot from there that is featured in my favourites. This is mainly down to the fact that I need further testing on some of the products and others are more seasonally appropriate so you will possibly be seeing them later on in the year.


Benefit Porefessional
Ok, so if you haven't ever seen this before then you clearly live under a rock. I am more than likely going to be purchasing a full size of this in the near future. I mainly like the apply this over my T-zone and any areas that need a little smoothing. The formula is quite thick but is perfect for holding your make up down. The only thing I would really have to say is that you should try not to use an awful lot and just spread out a small amount over a large surface otherwise I think this could be quite slippy. 

MAC Prep+Prime Skin
I got a little sample of this a while back when MAC were giving them away via their Facebook page. Naturally I jumped at the chace and have seriously fallen head over heels for this. I tend to use this and the porefessional together but I would apply this everywhere but the T-Zone. The consistency is different to the porefessional as it is a bit more moisturising and has a thinner feel but not by much. I, again, will probably buy the full size because I really think it's one of MACs best products. 

Elf Small Stippling Brush
I got into applying my foundation with a stippling brush just under a year ago and loved it - Then I found the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and have never looked back. My poor little stippling brush has been neglected ever since until I got a hold of the Bourjois Cream Blush and these two are just a match made in heaven! I knew that this brush would be perfect for this and it really is, it manages to apply the blush in a really natural finish but also ensures that you aren't going to go overboard with colour. This brush was also super affordable at no more than £4! I seriously recommend having a look at the Elf Studio line because I think there is some serious value to be had. 

Bourjois Cream Blush
Of course I couldn't talk about the stippling brush without mentioning this bad boy! I have wanted to try a cream blush for so long so when this arrived at my doorstep I was elated. I was a bit concerned however as this particular shade is straight up peach, I've never used a peach blush before and really didn't think it would suit me but in all honesty I think this is one of the most flattering blushes I have ever tried. This has made me rethink my entire make up application - for the better of course. This blends amazingly over the top of foundation and just give a nice flush of colour without being obvious or to heavy. I am excited to try more shades of this blush and really encourage everyone to give them a try!


And of course...NON-BEAUTY FAVOURITES!!


Orange Is The New Black

Come on now, you must know I'm obsessed. I'm even doing a make up series based on the show! 
I love love love this show and I really think everyone should start watching. Season 2 has come to an end and now I am having withdrawal waiting for season 3 to make it's entry. My OTP? Bennett and Daya.


That is everything I have been loving for the month of July! I may not get a chance to to my August Favourites until quite late on given that I will be away at the end of this month. I will try my best to get it done asap but I don't really know what the situation will be. 

What having you been loving?

Speak soon
Roo xx



2 comments:

  1. I love bourjois products they have such lovely colors :)
    thank you for this great review
    You are welcome to visit my blog -- http://www.mlleepaulettegirl.com/
    Message me on insta -- insta@mlleepaulettegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Benefot Porefessional is a great product that really smoothes out your skin ready for foundation.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)