Wednesday 20 August 2014

Orange Is The New Black - Alex

A few weeks ago I started of a little series on my blog. I am super excited by this and if you hadn't seen my first post then you can read it here. I really think that OITNB has some amazingly iconic make up looks and this time I am focusing on Alex. 


I love Alex's look, it's so simple but it just says everything about her. If you have watched the show then you will totally get what I mean. The glasses are my favourite part really, the rest of her make up is definitely a part of her character but the glasses are her signature so I couldn't really do this look if I didn't have a handy pair of black frame glasses. 


Now granted I'm not wearing the glasses on my face I am still very happy with how this look turned out. Mainly I kept getting reflections from the glasses when I was taking pictures and to be fair she does wear them on her head a lot of the time. The only real issue I had was my brows, obviously hers are thinner, higher and more arched than mine but I tried to get mine to follow some sort of shape. 

The liner is a little different to what I'm used to as the wing part begins just before the outer corner of the eye. Generally I think I was luck with this one because she has a very similar shaped face to me, she's also naturally very pale and a natural ginger!

Anyway, let me know what you think of my attempt :) I'll be sure to post the next instalment soon haha. 


Speak soon
Roo xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this! The eyeliner looks pretty tricky, but you've done a great job :-) I loved Red too! Looking forward to seeing what you do next lovely!
    Claire.x
    www.xclaireabella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I'm really looking forward to the next one xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)