Sunday 16 June 2013

DIY testing! Milk + Gelatin Pore Strips

For those of you who are familiar with this method then you don't need any prior warning, but to those of you who have never done this before then I should tell you now that you really should not do this if you don't have a strong stomach.


So, you will need;
- Milk (plain, doesn't matter about fat content)
- Powdered gelatin - really important that it is powdered.
- Small glass for the mixture, make sure it's microwave safe!
- Spoon to mix
- Brush to apply


 It's simple, all you have to do  is mix the gelatin and milk in a cup.
- roughly 3g powdered gelatin
-3 tbsp milk

Pop in the microwave for about 45-60 seconds until it's gloopy. Just don't do what I did and microwave for 30 seconds, think it's not doing anything and then whack it in for another minute because this is what happens.



 It had literally exploded in the microwave and left a puddle of this disgusting mix :(
By this point you should understand why I recommended a strong stomach, I gauged that it smelled somewhere between off cheese and baby sick (sorry about the description but that's as accurate as I could get to telling you what it smells like).


So then you need to apply it wherever you need it and I suggest that you try somewhere you're not immediately going to smell and apply it thick! I applied it on my nose and it was sooo disgusting! There was clumps of gelatin and everything hahaha.

Don't get me wrong, once it's dried it work so much better than a pore strip but I really can't get past the smell. If you have any ideas on how to fix this then pleeeaasssee let me know :P

I hope you enjoyed this post and let me know how you got on with it :)
- Ruby x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)