Thursday 12 March 2015

Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Foundation Review

I'm not usually one to go for Maybelline foundations because they all seem to draw memories of the girls in my high school using the Dream Mousse Foundation and all looking completely orange and cakey. Sorry Maybelline, I know it's not your fault that young girls abused your products but ever since it's left a bad taste in my mouth. Suffice to say, I wanted to give them another chance and given their newest foundation release looks so interesting I just couldn't resist giving it a go. 


It's definitely unique in appearance. The tear-drop shaped bottle is something I haven't seen before in any company so it really feels like there has been a lot of thought that has gone into this. It also feels like quite a high quality product as the bottle is glass and generally feels quite sturdy. 


 One massive uniqueness is the wand. A lot of foundations don't bother with a wand but favour either no wand or a pump. Personally I don't really see the point in a wand as I much prefer a pump for sanitation purposes so there is that downside. According to Maybelline the wand is designed to deliver the right amount of product for a 'fuss-free' application. Personally I thought that coverage was too light and though it would work for others who have better skin to begin with I feel like I needed much more. I seriously recommend applying this to the back of your sanitised hand or to a palette before applying to the face.


I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this foundation but I actually really like it. The coverage is nice and lightweight and I prefer something like this for days when I don't need the extra coverage. It applies quite smoothly and really sits on the skin well. I do apply foundation with a BeautyBlender and I feel that it really helps to make the product look more natural. I did also find that the formula has a slight liquid to powder feel about it which I also like because it didn't leave my skin feeling sticky.

The only real complaints I have about this are the colour selection - I think it's well known that drugstore brands don't really cater for exceptionally pale or really dark skin tones and also the product size, this is only 20ml which is far less that what you would usually receive but if they recommend you use less then it probably works out about right.

This is only £5.99 in Boots and Superdrug at the moment so I seriously recommend giving this a go, especially if you want coverage that looks ultra natural. 

Have you tried this foundation out yet? What do you think?

Speak soon
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)