Saturday 7 March 2015

February Favourites 2015

February has been so good to me with some exciting products. I would have expected that as it's the shortest month I wouldn't have had such a good month with products but I was dead wrong.



A lot of this moth I have been really changing the way I apply make up and also the way I have been treating my skin. I've been taking a much more natural approach to my make up and going for a less is more sort of look.


BENEFIT ROLLERLASH
You may have already ready my full review on this (here), in which case you will already know how much I like this. It was a total pleasant surprise as I hadn't really had much nice to say about the They're Real mascara. What I love about this formula is that it promises to lift your lashes without use of a curler. The simple fact is, it delivers. Though I use a curler anyway out of habit, I promise you that your don't even need one with this mascara. I will be purchasing a full size as soon as this little one runs out.


LIZ EARLE CLEANSE & POLISH
This isn't a new thing. We've all seen it and we all know about the tremendous reviews. I am currently using a No7 Hot cloth cleanser (which I love) but as I was running out and this was on a deal I though, hey why not?! The main thing I love about this product is the scent, it's so soothing and makes it excellent for removing make up at night. I don't really have much to say about the make up removing capabilities because I think that it is about the same as the No7 one, so for me this is a nice little treat when I need a little relaxation.


LIZ EARLE INSTANT BOOST SKIN TONIC
This pretty much goes hand in hand with the Cleanse & Polish, but where's the surprise considering I bought them as a duo! I have really been loving this in the morning, there's something about it that really helps to wake you up and perk your skin up a little. Toners are something I am starting to see major importance in, they really help to remove any of the scraps of make up that decided to stick around. Personally I think it makes my skin feel extra clean.




NUXE REVE DE MIEL
This has been an absolute saviour this month. I don't know what's been happening but my lips have been feeling a little bit dry this month (probably because of the wind) and have really needed something intense to remedy the problem. Usually I would favour my Bite Agave Lip Mask but I felt like I had been neglecting Reve De Miel. I remembered why I love this so much. It probably matches up to Bite treatment wise but what is so unique about this is that it is so non sticky, it's very smooth and just glides on. I find it perfect when you want to do a matte lip as it doesn't interfere with the finish of the lipstick. The only downside is that if you don't like orange/honey scented things then you might want to steer clear, though it's a small price to pay for the other amazing qualities.


MAC ANGEL LIPSTICK
Finally I think this is the definitive YLBB (Your Lips But Better) shade. This is a frost shade so there is a little sparkle but really not even that much. I think this really does just even out lip tone and is so easy to just slap on and go if you're in a hurry. Obviously this is my own preference and you could have a totally different lip tone to me but if you are after an all rounder then this is definitely it.


ORIGINAL BEAUTYBLENDER
Was I cruel to leave this until last? I feel like I was but then again, the best things are always saved until last. I became hooked on BeautyBlenders around September last year when I bought the Micro Mini version, don't know why I chose to buy those ones first but I just did. I have really been umming and ahhing about buying the full size original because it was expensive (for me at least) and I didn't want to invest in it in case it didn't live up to the hype. So I did a bit of shopping around and finally took the plunge, go next day delivery too because I am so impatient. I honestly don't think I am ever going back to using a brush again. Ever. There is something about this which makes the make up sit on your skin better, in fact it's not even like the make up is a layer on top of your skin, it really blends it into your skin making it much more natural and effortless. I even think that it makes foundations better, there are some foundations that I have tried with a brush and then went back and tried again with the BB and found it infinitely better. I know I'm raving on a little here but this is some seriously good stuff that everyone needs to try! I'm tempted to do a full review with photos and comparisons but I think I'd end up writing an entire book on why this is such a great product.


What have been your loves for February? Let me know in the comments below,

Speak soon
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)