Monday 6 October 2014

September Favourites

So I have a lot of favourite things from September, it's to be expected since I was in New York for the first 4 days and have had plenty of make up goodies to get to grips with. I feel like I wouldn't be giving enough praise to every item and also would be sort of boring you all if I included everything that I enjoyed over September, my plan is to just select 5 items that I have particularly enjoyed and save some of the others for another month. 




HOURGLASS AMBIENT LIGHTING PALETTE £56
I feel like I have waffled on about this a little but it is so damn good! I have already posted a full review on this which you can read here but If you want the short but sweet version then here it is.

This palette has been an absolute joy to use. The way that these look on your skin is just magical - It really doesn't take an expert to use them and it is so hard to mess up! They apply really naturally and just give a soft glow to the skin. Personally, I like to use Radiant Light (Right) as a warming bronzer because I am so pale and it isn't that dark. This is a little pricey but it's totally worth it :)


BITE BEAUTY AGAVE LIP MASK $26
This was on my hit list for such a long time and I will do a full run down on this product some time soon but for nowhere is a little taster of my feelings. You may already know this but I am a lip care junkie! This stuff is so intense, it is quite thick and sticky so if that's not your thing then it might be something to stray away from but if that doesn't bother you then this is something definitely worth investing in. This will be a major feature in my winter beauty routine.


LANCOME GRANDIOSE MASCARA £24.50
This mascara is, quite obviously, like nothing I have ever tried before. This mascara features a plastic brush with a 'Swan-Neck' wand which is just unusual in itself. It is a little more pricey than other Lancome mascaras and I don't know if it's because it's a new release or if the price will remain that way but I do think that it is worth it. I am a fan of Lancome mascaras as it is so it's always nice to be impressed by new releases. My review here.


CLARISONIC MIA 2 £125
Of course you will have read me waffling on about this one. I had been dying to get this for such a long time and finally managed to pick it up on my first day in New York. This was such a major purchase for me because I have never spent so much on a single item before and really I have nothing to regret. I think you really do need to know your own skin before making the commitment, this isn't going to magically fix your skin but it will help prevent excessive breakouts if you are prone to suffer them. I usually get spots and whilst I still get them they haven't been as bad or as many because this gives such a deep clean. I would suggest that look into your skin type before buying this.


MAC Angel £15.50
It's a MAC lipstick, we know it's going to be good. I had seen Angel for a while but never picked it up because I didn't think I wanted it but you know when your on a spending spree and you think 'hey, why not' well that happened and I ended up with this gorgeous lipstick. I am not a fan of baby pink, shimmery lipsticks because I think they look very juvenile on me and I thought that this lipstick would look like that but I couldn't have been more wrong. I've said 'Your lips but better' about a few shades now but I couldn't have found a more perfect shade to apply that phrase to.



Those have been my favourites for the month of September and I wish I could have written about more but then I would have probably a small book about make up by the time I was done. I will, eventually get more into the products featured at some point if I have not already written about them.

Anyway, let me know what your favourites have been and if there's any products you would recommend :)

Speak soon
Roo xx

1 comment:

  1. I love Mac's Angel lipstick. It is one of my holy grail lipsticks.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)