Tuesday 24 September 2013

Tha Future!! + Review + New Video!!!

It's fair to say that it has been some time since I last made a proper blog post and this is because I am trying to focus on YouTube videos and I'm sure that if you follow me on Twitter then you will know the difficulties that I have had with technology. But any way I thought that this would be a perfect opportunity to let you know of the things that I am planning to do.

This is going to be like a combination of both what I am going to review and actual reviews :S 
Buckle up for this possibly confusing post!



First off I'll show you the things which I need to review. These are things which I have put off because truth be told I am not a massive fan of doing a review based on sample size products, especially skincare. I just feel that you don't get enough to see any results over an extended period of time. Most of these are the little sample sachets that come from magazines but I do think that based on a first time use then I might buy a full size product and get a full review posted. So here we go.

I think this one came out of the Marie Claire October 2013 issue and it is the Eucerin DermoPurifyer Cleanser and Hydrating Care for oily blemish prone skin. I have never used a Eucerin product before so this will be interesting for me to try. Based on the fact that it says that it is soap and fragrance free I'm going to assume that it will be somewhat like Clinique products but I will let you know as soon as I have tried this one.  










This also came out of a magazine though I cannot be sure which one but anyway its the Garnier Moisture Match for Dull Skin.

I'm not entirely sure if this would be suitable for me given that I have combination skin and I tend to get dry patches and this may just aggravate that.

I may give this one a try, not sure but if I feel like I really want to try this range I might just check out the selection and decide from there as they cater to several different skin types which is amazing!






I know for a fact that this one came from the Marie Claire Oct 2013 issue and I'm fairly sure that this is a newish product from Clarins because I cannot get away from an advert about it haha.

This is one of those products that I hate trying because its a one usage sample and I think that to truly test a serums worth it needs to be tried over a extended period of time to get any visible results.

I will give this a try and if I feel like I'm going to like the product just from this sample then I may consider buying the full thing.

**Also, I just looked on the Boots website and this is on an deal where when you buy it you get 1000 points Ooooh!




Finally onto products that I have actually been trying!!
 Thie first is a Nails Inc nail polish and I assume this is a limited edition colour but they may have it under a different name. Anyway this came free with the Colgate Max White One toothpaste which I had wanted to try any way and how could I possibly refuse when there is an offer of free nail polish!

It is the colour on my nails that you can see in the picture and it's a slightly orange based metallic red and it applies evenly and requires only one coat which I love. I applied it about 2 days ago and so far there is no chipping but it's really not my choice of colour, I much prefer a blue based red.

Nails Inc usually retails for around £11 but obviously this only cost £3.99 because it was the price of the toothpaste.



This is the Benefit It's Potent Eye Brightening Cream. This is a decent sample size at least and I managed to get this from Boots. If you have a Boots card it's really worth using the little kiosks to find out what offers are on and what vouchers you might be able to get, thankfully this was one of them for me and I have been using it for the last 2 weeks and I still have plenty and this is after twice daily usage. It's a lot thicker and creamier than my Clinique All About Eyes and is less hydrating. I'm trying desperately not to use the word 'greasy' about the Clinique eye cream because that makes it sound bad but it's really not! Anyway the Benefit eye cream requires more product than the other which doesn't bother me and actually it is a really nice feeling product. However, I'm not entirely sure about the 'brightening effects', I don't really have dark under-eyes to begin with so I don't really notice any effects.
If anyone else has tried this and has seen any change then feel free to comment :)

This is another new, raved about product which I wanted to try and I did find a 4 week sample voucher in a newspaper but by the time I got round to going to the Clinique counter it had expired. Luckily it came with the Marie Claire magazine and I assume this is a 4 week sample size but I love the feel of it, not sure of any benefits yet, I have only been using it for about 2 weeks so hopefully in the next 2 I will see some difference.

I am definitely going to consider buying a full size. It is £40 for the smaller size which is a bit pricey, but I'll consider it.








Anyway, that was everything. But as mentioned in the title, I have just uploaded a new video and if you're prepping early for Halloween then you will love this!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaVukWA-Z0


Feel free to subscribe!

-Ruby x







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)