Friday 7 August 2015

Products I've Used Up | Empties

I don't do too many of these posts because usually I am too forgetful and end up throwing away something I could have talked about. Thankfully, I have remembered and created a little stash of empties that I can talk about.


I felt like I was being artsy and mysterious with this photo but let's face it, it hasn't turned out that way haha. I feel like there were a few other things I could have included at a push but it would only be grasping at straws. I mean how interested could you possibly be in my thoughts on Boots' own brand cotton buds?



LANCOME DREAM TONE 1 SERUM
Honestly I would never ever buy this for myself unless I was feeling super flush. This was bought as a birthday present and I finished it ages ago but I haven't been that active online and also haven't had a lot of empties to talk about so that's why it's taken a while to get around to. I really like this product if I'm honest, which makes it a lot harder to part with. It's very silky and moisturising and whilst I can't saw that I saw that changes that it promised (remove dark spots and even skin tone) I definitely liked using it but I think that there would be better, cheaper alternatives.


BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO LIGHT&BLONDE
I kind of wasn't a fan of this if I'm honest. I love Batiste Dry Shampoos but what really let me down about this was the pigment it came with. I've tried a few of Batiste's tinted formulas and I really think that the colours are so off. This one was extremely yellow which really wasn't what I wanted especially considering I had just bleached and toned my hair so I was trying to get away from that brassy/ straw look. It's a similar issue with the one formulated for red hair, unless your hair is dyed bright crimson the this will look incredibly obvious when you use it. I would skip this and try sticking to an uncoloured version.


NO7 BEAUTIFUL SKIN HOT CLOTH CLEANSER
If you are looking for a inexpensive alternative for Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish then look no further. This doesn't have an amazing spa like smell like Liz Earle but it ain't half bad. You literally rub this all over your face (including your eye area) and wipe of with a hot muslin cloth, which they include in the box and it will get rid of everything. I would wait until you get a £5 off skincare voucher from No7 because then it makes it even better value but if you don't have one then it is still pretty affordable.


ST TROPEZ TAN OPTIMISER BODY POLISH
This, to me, has a similar feel to the Clinique Sparkle Skin scrub. It's a very fine scrub that you use before and after you apply fake tan. I'm not much of a tanner but this scrub was really nice to use anyway. it helps smooth the skin and make it incredibly soft. This also has a pretty nice smell and is opalescent so it's got a really pretty shimmer to it.


LADY GAGA FAME EDP 100ML
I got this because I am a bit of a Gaga obsessive. I think she is amazing and super talented but I won't dwell too much on that. I usually get put off buying a celeb perfume because generally I think they are all a bit samey when you boil it down. Don't get me wrong, I loved this perfume and there is something appealing about those types of fragrances but I feel at times they can be a little juvenile (not that it's always a bad thing) when what I am after is something a bit more sophisticated. I probably won't go out of my way to buy this but I may try her newer fragrance, Eau De Gaga, in hopes that it is a bit more unique.


L'OREAL ELVIVE EXTRAORDINARY OIL
I think this is a fantastic hair oil, especially if you are just testing the waters (or should I say oils, heh). Generally I like to apply this to the ends of damp hair and then blow dry but I have recently gotten into smoothing over my fly-aways with the teeeniest amount so that I look a bit more pulled together. It does have a little bit of a fragrance but it's nothing offensive and I would really recommend this to everyone who is looking to tame or condition their hair a bit better.


THE BODY SHOP SHEA SHOWER CREAM
I got this as a Christmas present and it's a really luxurious feeling body wash though I do find the strangest thing about it - Before I actually apply it, it smells weirdly like PVA glue but then when I begin to lather it the shea butter, chocolatey/vanilla scent comes out. I do feel like I went through this pretty fast though :/


LUSH RO'S ARGAN BODY CONDITIONER
I swear one day soon I will invest in a vat of this stuff I love it that much! Another Christmas present that I used up long ago but haven't gotten round to repurchasing. Typically I hate rose scents but there is something about this, given that it is mixed with Argan oil, that makes the smell just divine. Every time I used this it felt like such a treat as well, some lotions I just hate applying because it feels like effort but because this is so smooth and velvety it just makes moisturising so much easier.


COLLECTION 24HR EXTREME LINER
I've been on a bit of a liner journey and sometimes you can't beat the basics. There has never been a truer thought than when it comes to this product. This has one of the most opaque and precise lines I have ever come across and I have tried my fair share of eyeliner. The nib is the perfect firmness to be able to control your line without pulling the skin too much. The only downside I would say is that it's not waterproof so that is something to be careful with.


KEVYN AUCOIN PRECISION BROW IN WARM BLONDE
I was looking for brow inspiration when Anastasia Beverley Hills Brow Whiz took over the scene. It's not such a readily available product for me but I had heard great things about an Hourglass pencil and went in search of that one instead. So I headed to my local Space NK only to find that they don't stock a huge amount of Hourglass and didn't have the pencil I was after but the lovely woman who worked there showed me the Kevyn Aucoin Precision Brow instead so I purchased it on a whim. Turned out to be slightly more affordable than the Hourglass one and the colour match is amazing! I'm on my second one currently and though I am looking out for new things to try I know that this is going to be a top contender.



That is everything for this empties post but I have a feeling that it won't be too long until my next one as I seem to be finishing off a lot of products.

What have you used up recently that you have been loving?


Speak soon,
Roo xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)