Saturday 15 August 2015

Have I Finally Met My (Drugstore Foundation) Match?

We all know that drugstore foundation can be a bit of a minefield, it certainly is for me. Too many times I've gone in with high hopes expecting to find a great foundation and then left either with a slightly off colour or with nothing at all. I really do enjoy the feeling of spending loads on a high end foundation but they really aren't everything and I feel like I was missing out on the opportunity to try some of the amazing drugstore foundations out there. So is it true? Have I finally met my match?


It's quite strange, I've hovered about the L'Oreal True Match section for years, thinking one day either they'll change or I will and truth be told I'm not sure which one it was. I'm convinced that I have looked at the shade C1 Beige Rose a thousand times and it's never matched my skintone but on my most recent visit it just seemed to work (Chorus of angels singing Hallelujah in the background). So I nabbed it before I changed my mind.



Key Points:
- Light/ Medium coverage
- Matte finish
- Lightweight feel
- Good shade selection
- SPF 17

I apply this with my beautyblender because personally I think it gives the most even and natural finish. This is definitely a good match for me, whilst I still blend down the neck I almost find little need to because the colour is so spot on. I do think this is a good foundation, especially for make up newbies but I did find that after a couple of hours the make up began to separate and disappear despite using a setting powder and a good primer. The foundation does blend excellently so I think it's pretty difficult to mess this one up. I'll definitely keep using this but I think I'm still in search of my holy grail foundation.


Have you tried L'Oreal True Match Foundation?

Speak soon
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)