Thursday 14 May 2015

YSL Touche Eclat Radiant Touch Review

I've been testing out the YSL Touche Eclat for a few weeks now and I honestly feel like the last person alive to try this. I was really hesitant to buy this down to the fact that it's really no the cheapest item out there and there are a load of drug store alternatives currently available. But I have taken the plunge and here are my thoughts...


Obviously I'm going to start with the packaging because, after all, it is the first thing you see. We're all pretty familiar with the gold pen/brush for the YSL Touche Eclat but I ended up getting one of the limited design packs, not sure if it makes a difference in the price but this was what they were offering. I really like how sturdy this feels, it really doesn't feel cheap by any means. The clicker at the bottom is also quite secure and certainly doesn't feel like it will break any time soon.

I get a sort of (loosely linked) art deco vibe from the packaging, like it should be refillable or something but that could just be me.

For some reason the flash on my camera has made my body look tan, but let's ignore that. 

On the left is without the Touche Eclat, Just foundation and concealer and on the right is the the Touche Eclat applied under just the left eye. I felt really stupid buying this because when I first swatched it out of the shop it looked like it would do nothing for me. Whilst it definitely brightens my under eye area, it doesn't provide the whole Kim K highlight that seems to be advertised with this. Of course I'm not expecting that because as an exceptionally pale person I find it hard enough to find foundations in my shade let alone anything else. I would suggest that if you are maybe a couple of shade darker than me (I'm NC15 for ref, would be NC10 if they made such a shade) then you could use 1, 1.5 or 2 to get a really highlighter look. I do find that you have to powder almost immediately after application to prevent creasing but this is no big deal for me considering I set my under eyes anyway.

  
Here I am with both sides done. I honestly love this, It looks so natural on my skin (I apply using a BeautyBlender) and it really helps me to not look so tired. I don't dispute for one second that there are great alternatives on the more inexpensive side but if you are looking to treat yourself or if you want to get to know YSL as a brand the I think it is something to consider.


Have you tried this? What do you think?

Speak soon
Roo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)