Saturday 14 February 2015

Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation Review

Hello All! 
So today's review is going to be on something I don't do try/use all that often - drugstore foundation. I have been a firm believer that for pale skin gals like myself it is impossible to find a foundation at the drugstore which is light enough but also has the right undertone. I have been thinking lately that maybe I just haven't given them a fair chance and that they might be worth my while. Anyway, here is the first of possibly a long series of drugstore foundation testing.   

Today I am talking all about the Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect Foundation. I have been wanting to try a Revlon foundation for a while give that I have heard some really good things about them. I really like the packaging on this, it feels really sturdy and also has a really nice pump for more hygienic storage. 



So here's the swatch on my wrist and as suspected this is completely the wrong tone for my skin. The downside of this foundation is that they don't carry a range of tones as well as shades so it isn't widely suitable. It does have a reasonable thickness and also has between a medium to a high coverage which is great if that's what you want the most out of your foundation. 


So the application was quite nice and covered everything I wanted whilst still being fairly lightweight. The one thing that you can't tell in this photo (but you will see in the next) is how glittery this foundation is. It's not even small subtle shimmers it is full on glitter which makes this, in my opinion, totally unsuitable for photography.


See! So much glitter and I felt really self-concious of this whilst wearing it. I actually felt like a disco ball which is not something I strive for in my everyday make up. I do feel that this might be more suited to evening events or even bridal make up where the photography will not necessarily be up close. 

I did initially buy these for my kit but because of this I probably wont use them for shoots but for the aforementioned instead. It is a shame because to be honest the only thing that actually lets this foundation down is the huge amount of glitter, take that away and I think there is a really nice product beneath.

Have you tried this foundation? What do you think? Let me know in the comments below.


Speak soon
Roo xx

2 comments:

  1. It is quite glittery! But, you don't look like a disco ball what so ever! I felt it made you look quite dewy and glowy, but maybe you prefer a matte look instead~
    xxx

    She Will Be
    Want to enter my giveaway? Check it out here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think it was more of a self concious thing but I definitely prefer something a bit more matte. :) xxx

      Delete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)