Monday 9 February 2015

January 2015 Favourites

Yes it's that time of the month again, time for my monthly favourites. I was excited to share these favourites because it feels like I actually have something to share at last after not being able to buy anything because of Christmas.


There have been so many products to be excited by this month and many that I still need to try. Though some of these products aren't that new I feel that they are still worth mentioning.



HOURGLASS AMBIENT LIGHTING BLUSH PALETTE
I am slowly but surely becoming a bit of an Hourglass aficionado. Their palettes have stolen my heart and when I saw the release of the blush version I literally squealed with joy over it. What I mainly love about the lush is that they are just so flattering, they never look chalky and they are also so easy to apply - The application is pretty hard to mess up. You get 3 shades in this palette: Luminous Flush, Incandescent Electra and Mood Exposure which have all been marbled with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders. I particularly love the concept behind these blushes because instead of just adding colour it also adds dimension to the face. They are fairly pricey but in my opinion are totally worth it.


LANCOME DREAM TONE 1
I've had this for a fair while and whilst I was using this I never felt like I was getting the true benefits out of it. I started using this again recently and I absolutely. My issue was that I was using this as a moisturiser and not as a serum like I think it probably should be used. Because I am now applying a moisturiser on top I feel like my skin is starting to improve. It is supposed to help improve the tone of your skin and even out the colour. Whilst I do love this I probably won't repurchase because it is very expensive at £70.


MAYBELLINE COLOUR ELIXIR
I picked this up back in August when I was in New York and since then I have bought another when they were released in the UK. This was a relatively new concept as this lip product has the gloss of a lipgloss, the colour of a lip stick and the moisture of a lip balm. I am a little hitty miss with lipgloss but this is really nice and smooth and so comfortable on the lips. They are also super inexpensive which is a big bonus. There are several high end versions but I really recommend trying these out first because they are really nice to use.


MAKE UP FOREVER HD SETTING POWDER
This came as a point perk from Sephora and given this was something that I had wanted to try then I was really happy to be able to get my hands on it. I have seen a few issues around HD powders, especially with flash photography but I feel that if you apply it and blend it out then you should have any issues. I love how finely milled this product is and also how smooth it feels. Generally I like to use this as an under eye setting powder and it does an amazing job as it prevents my concealer and under eye brightener creasing. I will be buying a full size of this when I run out of my little sample.


EMBRYOLISSE LAIT-CREME CONCENTRE
Cult product alert! This took me off guard when I was in boots a few weeks ago as they had a 'Beauty Finds' display right at the front of the shop. I grabbed it straight away because there were only a couple left and I thought that now is a better time than any to give it a go. I really wanted to see what the fuss was about and I am so in love with this, it's a very rich moisturiser which helps with my dry skin. I have heard that this works well as a primer and I have been testing that out and I do feel like it actually does work that way. It was more pricey then I was hoping for (maybe because it's the gold edition) but I will definitely repurchase this when I run out, which will probably take a very long time because this goes so far!



So those were my favourites of the month, have you tried any of these? Also what have your favourites been, link your posts below :)

Speak soon
Roo xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)