Tuesday 5 January 2016

Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick | Review


One of the most highly anticipated products of the last year for me has to be the Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks and I'm sure that by this point pretty much everyone has heard of them but if you haven't then stick around.


I'm unsure of how many shades exactly are in the range but I know it's around 20 with other limited edition shades on top of this and considering the length of time that this brand has been about I think it's a pretty amazing accomplishment. I also feel like Jeffree Star's brand is one that has been met with excellent reception in comparison to other brands which made it a must have item for me.


I have the shade Unicorn Blood and Drug Lord, I know this is a bit of a weird combination but they were gifted to me. Unicorn Blood is a very coveted shade and it was also one that I was desperate to get my hands on. Drug Lord isn't something I would wear on it's own but I feel like it's a great outlandish shade and work well for mixing with other lipsticks, costumes and even getting creative with eyeliner.


The packaging is absolutely gorgeous too! They feature a clear tube with a pink, white or blue lip and rose gold detailing. They are plastic which it very travel friendly and they feel extremely sturdy. It has a doe foot applicator but it differs slightly to the conventional kind as the edge is curved to fit the shape of your lips better, making the application a lot easier.


In terms of longevity I think this is an absolute knock-out product, It dries down within a minute and stays on the lips for a very long time. I will stay that for me it hasn't been totally drink/eat proof but it holds up extremely well. I should also note that before you apply it you should do several things;

- Scrub and condition your lips - the product will look smooth and even
- Line your lips - it will give you a guide of where you want the product and it is easier to remove than the lipstick
- Shake the tube - This will ensure that the components are thoroughly mixed and the formula will become longer lasting.


Another major bonus about these products is that I did not fins them drying at all, most matte lipstick will dry out my lips but this felt really comfortable to wear and caused no irritation. The formulation also allows it to fade off your lips instead of becoming patchy and uneven.

So let me know if you have tried these or are looking to give them a go. I'd also be interested in hearing about your favourite shades and if you get creative with them.

Speak soon
Roo xx

4 comments:

  1. I'm new to your blog but I absolutely love it! The white looks really unusual too :) x

    http://avafayeg.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the white is really strange but I think it's great for more creative work :)x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post, love this sharing so much, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)