Sunday 1 March 2015

Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour Kit Review

If you have seen my Instagram recently (@meplusmymakeup) then you will have seen photos of the Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour Kit in both the Light/Medium and Medium/Tan varieties. These were an amazing anniversary present from my generous boyfriend. Thought the Medium/Tan is supposed to be part of my pro makeup kit I couldn't resist swatching them and giving them a try out (as eyeshadows) .


Firstly, lets talk about the aesthetics of the product because, after all, it is what you see first. I am a complete sucker for sleek black packaging, which this definitely is. It's also very minimalist which, again, I really love, it just makes everything look more expensive. I love the letter printing and the metallic writing. The inside makes me so happy to look at, you'll see it in the next photos, but what I specifically like is the fact that the pans are removable but also replaceable. I know this isn't exactly a new concept to be able to repurchase pans but I still find it amazing considering there are so many palettes out there that don't do that (I am familiar with the marketing strategy behind this). It makes me dread using a shadow that I love in a particular palette knowing that I won't be able to replace it. 



The Light/Medium palette features 3 highlight and 3 contour shades. From left to right in the photo - Havana, Fawn, Java, Sand, Banana and Vanilla. 

This palette is more suited to my skin tone so I typically use this for personal contouring. Another thing that is particularly nice about this palette is that there is a mixture of both cool and warm undertone powders which makes it universally flattering. If you are struggling to make some of the colours work for you because the might be too dark, to warm, etc. try using them as an eyeshadow instead.



The Medium/Tan palette, I believe, has 2 highlight shades and 4 contour shades. From left to right in the photo - 10k, Macchiato, Havana, Nutmeg, Espresso and Peaches And Cream. 

Obviously this palette has darker shades but one thing I have noticed is that there is a duplicate from the Light/Medium - Havana. I don't particularly mind this because they are select for different skin tones and it's not as if they are expecting you to buy them all for yourself. The highlight does seem a little more intense in this palette but it pays to remember that it will work well with the darker skin tones. 

I absolutely love the formula of these powders because they are so velvety and smooth and also super blendable. Especially with contour colours you need the product to be really easy to blend because you want to make sure that the colour is fading naturally into your skin so that it isn't so obvious. 


As I'm trying to organise some studio work its going to be good to see how these actually work on camera and how easy they apply to others.

I will do some before and after shots soon (possibly when I'm at the studio) so you can really see what a difference these make. 

What contour/highlight products have you been loving lately? Let me know in the comments :)

Speak soon
Roo xx    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read everyone's thoughts, comments and opinions and I'll always try to reply :)